Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's no news that the £ is ripping up the € these days, but the € is still the driver:



I'm long on the € here keeping my ear to the rail. This is a potentially explosive trade.

Gold shot through resistance today. I'll go long on a retracement:



Airlines and telecom are continuing their streak. UAL is at a buyable retracement:



I closed Panera today. So much for buying on fundamentals alone.

Hilton Hotels ( HLT ) went macd green today in a strong continuing uptrend. I'm only entering double green macd positions now, until oil reverses. That's an exemplary chart:



Stochastic is too far out on overbought to take a long position here. Wait for a retracement.


There's a case to go long on the daily and short on the hourly charts US$/¥:



I like the weak US$ play better. I'm taking a small short here.

No comments: