Friday, February 09, 2007

The difference a day makes! All the stops are out now for shorts, finally. TTEC and ICE off to a good start both down around 2%. The great thing about shorting is it's good quick money. It takes years for a tree to grow and the ax takes it down in a day. But those profits are short-lived. There's no such thing as a long-term short and the most you can make on a short is 100%, unless you're playing puts or selling calls.

I'm at the Meadowood Resort today. In the lobby they had a copy of FT which I picked up and went straight to the currency page. I couldn't help but think "I read this online almost every day, but here, on paper, the meaning is so different." Content, even valuable content, online has less value for some reason. I obviously want to play the EURJPY, and I know what the dynamics are there. But reading the news with paper in my hands had so much greater an impact.

The number one impression I had was, "This EURJPY trend has a lot more to play out. That trend is going to run." I think you're mind works faster online that it does with eyes on paper. You consider different scenarios. I'm recommitted to that trend. There's only one question? What's the entry? It's a clear as a bell on this chart:



The 50-day! I made it glow a bit to make it look more attractive. Don't you want it? I know you do!

But you have to wait. Like all good things they come to those who wait. When the day comes and the ¥ is only 119.72 € as on this chart you will be thinking differently. You'll think, "Oh I see this! It's the beginning of the downtrend, but it's not. We'll wait and perhaps short a spike.

No comments: