Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Zero Ink Printing: http://www.zink.com/

I don't see any clear way to invest in this yet, but should have a negative impact on HP.

I recall back in 1998, when consumer color printing was taking off, a VC telling me the guy who invents a magenta that doesn't fade will be a billionaire. I suppose archive inks came soon after that but I don't recall any names associated with that invention. Kodak? This technology looks promising but I do wonder about quality. I like that their strategy is to build right into phones.



Speaking of obsolete technology I just ordered a Lenovo x60 so I can work on the beach. The docking station they make for this thing is an absolute joke. They have no DVI port but include a parallel port! Is that insane or what? When did they stop making parallel port devices? When they started making archival ink?

No comments: